Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Conversations with the cat


Seth got me a kitten before he left for basic. I was surprised he let me have her and I am so very glad that he did. She is an orange fluffy ball of spite. She has tons of energy and I never know what in the world she is going to get herself into. She can be very sweet and cuddly. She likes to cross her front paws and lay them in my hand and then lay her head on top of them. (That is what is going on in the picture.) She is a blessing and every day that goes by, I am reminded just how much of a blessing she is.

I am a nanny but when the kids aren't here, my house gets very quiet and lonely. The kitten is a companion animal so she is meant to keep me from feeling alone. While she is attached to me, if she finds anything of Seth's she is obsessed with it. There is one hoodie of his that I haven't washed because it smells like him. If she finds it you cannot touch it or you will get bit. She was teeny tiny when he left and  has grown like a weed. She is so fluffy and has the most adorable little face.

Anyway, I catch myself having conversations with the cat. I think that is a step up from talking to yourself... right? I don't expect her to answer back but sometimes she does in her own little ways. My mom makes fun of me but then she sees why I talk to the cat. I can ask if she wants food and she will run to her food bowl and tap it with her paw. If I am upset and crying, she will sit on my lap with her front paws on my collar bones and nudge away my tears. I can ask where she hid my socks (she is notorious for stealing socks) and she will get a wide eyed look on her face and take off sprinting to protect her sock stash.

I am far from the crazy cat lady but I can easily say that without her I would not have made it through these past few months. She is great comedic relief and the best gift that Seth has ever gotten me. Seth swears I have her spoiled but I have absolutely no clue what he is talking about!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Maddie,

    Awwwww.. So cute! Animals make the best of friends and the love they give is unconditional which makes it even more wonderful. :0) So glad you have your little friend to keep you company and hide your socks. HA!

    Hugs,
    Irish Lucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irish Lucky,
      Ha she is my little sock monster. I cant wait for Seth to get home so he can laugh with me over kitten antics!

      Delete
  2. I talk to our dog ALL the time. Well she thinks she is human anyway :) True story. LOL. Plus she is the only other female in the house, we have no choice but to stick together!Funny how society sees crazy cat ladies but not crazy dog ladies.

    I think you husband is a very wise man for bringing that little troublemaker into your life! Should be interesting to see how SHE adjusts when he returns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I talk to my dog also but he lives with my mom. Kitten should be just fine with Seth coming home. She loved him before he left and she is used to a variety of people. There may be a turf war over the bed though. It should be interesting.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute post that I can seriously relate to! We just got a kitten about a month or so ago now, and he is my little buddy! He's sitting on me right now sleeping .. although before that he was jumping on my computer for 30 mins, making it impossible to type.

    Sounds like yours is a real sweetheart! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw kittens are so much fun. Cada also enjoys pouncing on my keyboard. Its adorable for the first minute or so and then I wind up fighting her off the computer!

      Delete
  4. I had a dream about a kitten just like the one in the picture this morning. I'm so glad you have her. I have one also and I talk to Sasha, too. She sits on me all the time but especially when I'm eating popcorn or crunchy things. She'll come from anywhere in the house...! Funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sounds like mine. Gotta love them!

      Delete